Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Physical Therapy Neurology Specialist Certification Examination . StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Physical Therapy Neurology Specialist Certification Examination .
About the Question Bank
We have 749 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 480 PubMed indexed review articles related to the ABPTS® Neurology Test. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Neurology Physical Therapist Specialist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Physical Therapy Neurology Specialist Certification Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Physical Therapy Neurology questions will help you achieve a top score on the ABPTS® Neurology Test. 474 authors and 10 editors have contributed to the development of the Physical Therapy Neurology Specialist Certification Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Physical Therapy Neurology Specialist Certification Examination Overview
How many hours is the Physical Therapy Neurology Specialist Certification Examination ?
The Physical Therapy Neurology Specialist Certification Examination is 5 hours.
How many questions is the Physical Therapy Neurology Specialist Certification Examination ?
The Physical Therapy Neurology Specialist Certification Examination is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Physical Therapy Neurology Specialist Certification Examination ?
Topics include: Foundation Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, Clinical Sciences, and Reasoning - 20%, Professional Roles - 15%, and Patient Management - 65% (Cerebral vascular accident, Traumatic brain injury, CNS tumors, Spinal cord injury, Cerebral palsy, Multiple sclerosis, Basal ganglia disorders (eg, Parkinson disease, Huntington disease, dystonia), Cerebellar disorders, Dementia/Alzheimer's disease, Vestibular disorders, Falls and balance disorders, Peripheral neuropathy, Acute poliomyelitis, and postpoliomyelitis syndrome, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Guillain-Barré syndrome and polyneuropathies, Muscle disease, Amputations in individuals with neurologic disorders, Psychiatric disorders, and aphysiologic disorders, General medical disorders affecting the neuromuscular system, Cardiovascular and pulmonary disorders in individuals with neurologic conditions, Musculoskeletal disorders in individuals with neurologic conditions, and Integumentary dysfunction in individuals with neurologic conditions)
Physical Therapy Neurology Specialist Certification Examination MCQs (749)
Our question bank for the Physical Therapy Neurology Specialist Certification Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 2 questions
- Cardiovascular - 46 questions
- Connective Tissue - 9 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 26 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 12 questions
- Eyes - 18 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 4 questions
- Genetics - 3 questions
- Genitourinary - 4 questions
- Growth and Development - 12 questions
- Hematologic - 3 questions
- Infectious - 9 questions
- Integument - 20 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 422 questions
- Nervous - 803 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 3 questions
- Oncologic - 12 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 19 questions
- Pulmonary - 8 questions
- Renal - 1 questions
- Surgery - 52 questions
- Toxicology - 6 questions
- Trauma - 207 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 2 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 10 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 22 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 40 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 6 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 12 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 264 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 16 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 273 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 5 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 4 questions
- Causes - 382 questions
- Classification - 146 questions
- Differential - 156 questions
- Epidemiology - 9 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 65 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 18 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 19 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 51 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 92 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 14 questions
- History Physical - 803 questions
- Legal - 6 questions
- Pathophysiology - 463 questions
- Patient Education - 24 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 333 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Treatment Medical - 68 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 109 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 1 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 32 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 38 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 7 questions
- Clinical Education - 6 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 4 questions
- Drug Information - 6 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 1 questions
Physical Therapy Neurology Specialist Certification Examination Articles (480)
A cervical rib, also known as a "neck rib" or "supernumerary rib in the cervical region," is a congenital overdevelopment of the transverse process ...
The somatosensory nervous system maintains the sensation within the various dermatomes of sensation throughout the body. The somatosensory pathway ...
Motion sickness is a common and complex syndrome that occurs in response to the real or perceived motion. Its presentation can be diverse, includin ...
Medical ethics is a required element of American physicians' formal training. Familiarity with ethical principles on a basic level is ne ...
Neurons are electrically excitable cells that transmit signals throughout the body. Neurons employ both electrical and chemical components in the t ...
The natural history of a disease classifies into five stages: underlying, susceptible, subclinical, clinical, and recovery/disability/death. Corres ...
Parkinson disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that mostly presents in later life with generalized slowing of movements (bradykinesia) and at le ...
Holoprosencephaly (HPE) results from an incomplete midline cleavage of the forebrain (prosencephalon) and includes a wide spectrum of intracranial ...
Acoustic neuroma is also called vestibular schwannoma (VS), acoustic neurinoma, vestibular neuroma or acoustic neurofibroma. These are tumors ...
The thyroid gland is a bilobed structure located in the anterior aspect of the trachea between the cricoid cartilage and the suprasternal notc ...
Gait disturbances are described as any deviations from normal walking or gait. Numerous etiologies cause these disturbances. Due to their different ...
Vertebrae, along with intervertebral discs, form the vertebral column, or spine. It extends from the base of the skull to the coccyx and includes t ...
Cell to cell communication is critical for the survival of an organism. Cells can communicate through a process called signal transductio ...
Complex partial seizures refer to focal seizures that start in one hemisphere of the brain and are associated with impairment in consciousness. Com ...
The McKenzie back exercises belong to an exercise protocol pioneered by physiotherapist Robin Anthony McKenzie in the 1950s and popularized around ...
Megan M Danzl PT, DPT, PhD, NCS Assistant Professor Bellarmine University NCS Louisville KY
Elizabeth A Ulanowski DPT Assistant Professor Louisville KY
Nora E Fritz PhD, PT, DPT, NCS Assistant Professor Wayne State University American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists- NCS Detroit MI
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required