Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Microbiology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Pathology® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Microbiology Exam.
About the Question Bank
We have 445 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 284 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Microbiology exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Microbiology Board Certified Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Microbiology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls microbiology prep questions, microbiology review questions, and microbiology test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Microbiology exam. 308 authors and 11 editors have contributed to the development of the Microbiology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Microbiology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Microbiology Exam?
The Microbiology Exam is 7 hours.
How many questions is the Microbiology Exam?
The Microbiology Exam is 340 questions.
What topics are covered on the Microbiology Exam?
Topics include: Laboratory Management: Medical Microbiology - 11%, Bacteria - 36%, Mycobacteria, Nocardia, and other Aerobic Actinomycetes - 6%, Fungi - 16%, Viruses & Prions - 12%, Parasites - 11%, General Methods, NOS - 5%, and Laboratory Management: General - 3%
Microbiology Exam MCQs (445)
Our question bank for the Microbiology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 21 questions
- Cardiovascular - 22 questions
- Connective Tissue - 7 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 24 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 8 questions
- Eyes - 16 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 77 questions
- Genetics - 10 questions
- Genitourinary - 32 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Gynecologic - 9 questions
- Hematologic - 30 questions
- Infectious - 494 questions
- Integument - 94 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 20 questions
- Nervous - 45 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 6 questions
- Oncologic - 13 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 1 questions
- Pulmonary - 70 questions
- Renal - 16 questions
- Surgery - 11 questions
- Toxicology - 11 questions
- Trauma - 9 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 4 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 8 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 15 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 28 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 1 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 220 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 255 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Causes - 288 questions
- Classification - 26 questions
- Differential - 316 questions
- Epidemiology - 38 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 244 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 270 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 9 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 102 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 70 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 23 questions
- History Physical - 464 questions
- Legal - 2 questions
- Pathophysiology - 332 questions
- Patient Education - 4 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 248 questions
- Toxicology - 9 questions
- Treatment Medical - 84 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 12 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 1 questions
- Clinical Education - 3 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 18 questions
- Drug Information - 23 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 14 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 3 questions
Microbiology Exam Articles (284)
Condyloma acuminata refers to anogenital warts caused by human papillomavirus (HPV). The most common strains of HPV that cause anogenital warts are ...
Following the discovery of mycobacterium tuberculosis by Robert Koch in 1882, several other mycobacteria were identified as well. However, they wer ...
Scrub typhus is an infectious disease caused by the rickettsial bacterium . The causative organism displays high lev ...
The adenoviruses are DNA viruses common in animals and humans, frequently occurring in both adults and children. There are more than 100 serol ...
species represent one of the most common causes of bacterial diarrheal illness worldwide. According to the United States Cen ...
Recognition of issues related to the use of antibiotics has been present since their early clinical introduction in the 1940s. Since then, the use ...
There are as many as 90 species of "bugs" (bed bugs are true bugs with specialized elongated mouthparts) within the family Cimicidae; however, few& ...
Bacterial species have different coping mechanisms with selective harsh environmental conditions. One of the most common coping mechanisms for bact ...
Pseudoappendicitis can describe any condition mimicking appendicitis. Acute right lower quadrant abdominal pain with anorexia and point tender ...
Lemierre syndrome (LS) is named after the French physician, Andre Lemierre, who in 1936 reported 20 cases of anaerobic septicemia originating from ...
Xanthogranulomatous pyelonephritis (XGP) is a rare and aggressive variant of chronic pyelonephritis resulting in a non-functioning kidney. It ...
Koplik spots are the peculiar spots present on the buccal mucosa and are considered to be a diagnostic/pathognomic feature of measles/rubeola in th ...
is the most common cause of soft tissue infection in humans following bites or scratches from dogs and cats.
Biosafety guidelines are a set of policies, rules, and procedures necessary to observe by personnel working in various facilities handling mic ...
Abdelhalim M Y Yousef MB, BCh, MSc Riyadh Care Hospital Riyadh
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required