Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Occupational Medical Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Preventive Medicine® and AOA Board of Preventive Medicine® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Occupational Medical Exam.
About the Question Bank
We have 294 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 160 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Occupational Medicine Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Occupational Medicine Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Occupational Medical Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls occupational medicine prep questions, occupational medicine review questions, and occupational medicine test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Occupational Medicine Examination. 185 authors and 8 editors have contributed to the development of the Occupational Medical Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Occupational Medical Exam Overview
How many hours is the Occupational Medical Exam?
The Occupational Medical Exam is 3.5 hours.
How many questions is the Occupational Medical Exam?
The Occupational Medical Exam is 150 questions.
What topics are covered on the Occupational Medical Exam?
Topics include: Prevention, Exposure Assessment, Hazard Recognition, and Control - 20%, Clinical Patient Care - 60%, and OEHS Administration and Systems-Based Practice - 20%
Occupational Medical Exam MCQs (294)
Our question bank for the Occupational Medical Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 8 questions
- Cardiovascular - 11 questions
- Connective Tissue - 10 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 11 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 4 questions
- Eyes - 12 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 6 questions
- Genitourinary - 1 questions
- Hematologic - 1 questions
- Infectious - 65 questions
- Integument - 37 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 85 questions
- Nervous - 44 questions
- Obstetric - 2 questions
- Oncologic - 12 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 21 questions
- Pulmonary - 66 questions
- Renal - 5 questions
- Surgery - 5 questions
- Toxicology - 89 questions
- Trauma - 46 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 32 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 9 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 41 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 13 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 2 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 85 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 6 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 118 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 2 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 29 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 1 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 137 questions
- Classification - 33 questions
- Differential - 108 questions
- Epidemiology - 22 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 52 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 49 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 7 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 33 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 59 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 62 questions
- History Physical - 283 questions
- Legal - 24 questions
- Pathophysiology - 122 questions
- Patient Education - 20 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 126 questions
- Toxicology - 45 questions
- Treatment Medical - 97 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 8 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 3 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 2 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 7 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 9 questions
- Clinical Education - 2 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 8 questions
- Drug Information - 5 questions
Occupational Medical Exam Articles (160)
An occupational injury describes any type of injury or illness that occurs to a patient as related to his or her specific occupational demands or r ...
Psittacosis represents a zoonotic bacterial infectious disease caused by the obligate intracellular organism, . Psittaco ...
Vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) is a colorless, gaseous, sweet-smelling organochloride primarily used in the production of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) wi ...
Dupuytren disease is predominantly a myofibroblastic disease that affects the palmar and digital fascia of the hand and results in contracture defo ...
Intersection syndrome is a condition that affects the first and second compartments of the dorsal wrist extensors. The condition is thought to occu ...
The flexor tendon repair is one of the most demanding techniques because sometimes the results are not ideal. This article reviews the configuratio ...
Retained foreign bodies are a common and frequently complicated presentation in both the emergency department as well as outpatient medical offices ...
One significant component of patient care is determining a patient’s disability level and impairment rating to determine what disability serv ...
The anterior interosseous nerve (AIN) is the terminal motor branch of the median nerve. It branches from the median nerve in the proxima ...
Needlestick injuries are known to occur frequently in healthcare settings and can be serious. In North America, millions of healthcare workers ...
Primary care, sports medicine, and orthopedic surgeons commonly manage shoulder injuries and shoulder pain. Some reports in the literature cite tha ...
Hydrogen sulfide is a highly flammable, colorless, and toxic gas found naturally in sewage, swamps, manure gas, hot springs, geysers, and volcanoes ...
Contending with a mass casualty incident involving a chemical exposure seems daunting; fortunately, these are rare events. It is quite p ...
Bursitis is the swelling or inflammation of a synovium-lined sac-like structure called a bursa. These are found throughout the body near bony ...
Dust mite allergy is an allergic condition that occurs as a reaction to the dust mite allergens that commonly live in household dust. It is also kn ...
David Vearrier MD, MPH Associate Professor Medical Toxicology Fellowship Director Drexel University College of Medicine FACMT, FAACT, FAAEM Bala Cynwyd PA
Jayshree Chander Chander MD, MPH University of California San Francisco OEM San Francisco CA
Paul S Darby MD, PhD, MPH Clinical Assistant Professor Medical Dir, COHE Alliance of Western WA University of Washington FACOEM, FIAIME, CMLE Tacoma WA
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required