Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Gastroenterology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Internal Medicine® and Osteopathic Board of Internal Medical® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Gastroenterology Exam.
About the Question Bank
We have 2,369 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 884 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Gastroenterologist Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified Gastroenterologist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Gastroenterology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls gastroenterology prep questions, gastroenterology review questions, and gastroenterology test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Gastroenterologist Exam. 844 authors and 19 editors have contributed to the development of the Gastroenterology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Gastroenterology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Gastroenterology Exam?
The Gastroenterology Exam is 10 hours.
How many questions is the Gastroenterology Exam?
The Gastroenterology Exam is 240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Gastroenterology Exam?
Topics include: Esophagus - 11%, Stomach and Duodenum - 15%, Liver - 25%, Biliary Tract - 10%, Pancreas - 11%, Small Intestine - 10%, and Colon - 18%
Gastroenterology Exam MCQs (2,369)
Our question bank for the Gastroenterology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 84 questions
- Cardiovascular - 161 questions
- Connective Tissue - 29 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 35 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 185 questions
- Eyes - 26 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 2414 questions
- Genetics - 97 questions
- Genitourinary - 34 questions
- Growth and Development - 17 questions
- Gynecologic - 15 questions
- Hematologic - 168 questions
- Infectious - 443 questions
- Integument - 96 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 48 questions
- Nervous - 99 questions
- Nutrition - 118 questions
- Obstetric - 36 questions
- Oncologic - 465 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 32 questions
- Pulmonary - 72 questions
- Renal - 50 questions
- Surgery - 331 questions
- Toxicology - 117 questions
- Trauma - 28 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 34 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 4 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 30 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 9 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 201 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 13 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 616 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 7 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 717 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 2 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 5 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 1066 questions
- Classification - 201 questions
- Differential - 1070 questions
- Epidemiology - 64 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 718 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 965 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 129 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 50 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 689 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 842 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 35 questions
- History Physical - 2324 questions
- Legal - 4 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1214 questions
- Patient Education - 76 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1307 questions
- Toxicology - 89 questions
- Treatment Medical - 899 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 5 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 24 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 421 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 6 questions
- Clinical Education - 18 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 162 questions
- Drug Information - 170 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 74 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 20 questions
Gastroenterology Exam Articles (884)
Somatostatinoma is a rare neuroendocrine tumor (NET) with an incidence of 1 in 40 million individuals
Bile, a digestive fluid produced and secreted by the liver, is transported by a series of branching bile ducts known collectively as the biliary tr ...
Linitis plastica (LP) term was first introduced to the medical field in 1779 by Lieudaut to describe a scirrhous and rigid type of gastric tis ...
Liver failure is a medical emergency carrying a high mortality rate. It presents in an individual with normal liver function as acute liver failure ...
Cirrhosis is characterized by fibrosis and nodule formation of the liver, secondary to a chronic injury, which leads to alteration of the norm ...
Interferons are glycoproteins that have antiviral, antiproliferative, and immunomodulatory functions. They are used widely for the treatment of man ...
There is a general consensus among all clinical specialties that the fat content of the average diet should be lowered to decrease the risk of card ...
Bowel ischemia can affect a small or large intestine and can occur by any cause, which leads to intestinal blood flow reduction.
Intestinal pseudo-obstruction is characterized by the dilation of bowel in the absence of an anatomical obstruction. Patients present with the ...
A 24-year-old white male with no known medical history presented to the hospital with chief complaints of 2 weeks of progressively worsening p ...
Protein-losing enteropathy (PLE) is a condition in which excess loss of proteins occurs through the gastrointestinal tract due to different etiolog ...
Hiccups are a not uncommon occurrence that most people experience at some point in their lifetime. The medical term is singultus, which derive ...
As the prevalence of cardiovascular disease (CVD) escalates worldwide, so does the use of antiplatelet medications in its management.
Stress ulcers are stress-induced gastritis or gastropathy where the gastric and sometimes esophageal or duodenal mucosal barrier is disrupted secon ...
Cinacalcet hydrochloride classifies as a "calcimimetic." Its primary indication is to reduce the parathyroid hormone level in patients with seconda ...
Truptesh H Kothari MD, MS Assist Dir, Interventional Endoscopist University of Rochester Med Center ABIM - Internal Medicine, ABIM - Gastroenterology Rochester NY
Silvio W de Melo Jr. MD Assistant Professor Dir of Endoscopy, Program Dir GI Fellow Un of Florida College of Medicine Jacksonville FL
Vittorio Giuliano MD Research grant Dr Vendsyssel hospital - Hospital of Perugia Hjørring
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required