Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the EMS Board Certification Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Emergency Medicine®, Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine®, and NAEMSP® Board Certification content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the EMS Board Certification Exam.
About the Question Bank
We have 1,002 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 471 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Emergency Medical Services Board Certification Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical EMS Specialist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test EMS Board Certification Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls emergency medicine EMS prep questions, emergency medicine EMS review questions, and emergency medicine EMS test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Emergency Medical Services Board Certification Examination. 505 authors and 10 editors have contributed to the development of the EMS Board Certification Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
EMS Board Certification Exam Overview
How many hours is the EMS Board Certification Exam?
The EMS Board Certification Exam is 8 hours.
How many questions is the EMS Board Certification Exam?
The EMS Board Certification Exam is 300 questions.
What topics are covered on the EMS Board Certification Exam?
Topics include: Clinical Aspects of EMS Medicine, Medical Oversight of EMS, Quality Management and Research, and Special Operations,
EMS Board Certification Exam MCQs (1,002)
Our question bank for the EMS Board Certification Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 15 questions
- Cardiovascular - 194 questions
- Connective Tissue - 2 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 54 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 27 questions
- Eyes - 7 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 28 questions
- Genitourinary - 19 questions
- Gynecologic - 6 questions
- Hematologic - 11 questions
- Infectious - 53 questions
- Integument - 39 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 121 questions
- Nervous - 126 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 16 questions
- Oncologic - 4 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 42 questions
- Pulmonary - 202 questions
- Renal - 16 questions
- Surgery - 24 questions
- Toxicology - 140 questions
- Trauma - 563 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 125 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 37 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 87 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 46 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 9 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 306 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 33 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 431 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 2 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 85 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 8 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 5 questions
- Causes - 231 questions
- Classification - 183 questions
- Differential - 292 questions
- Epidemiology - 23 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 114 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 70 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 62 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 1 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 57 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 98 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 115 questions
- History Physical - 817 questions
- Legal - 102 questions
- Pathophysiology - 273 questions
- Patient Education - 18 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 393 questions
- Toxicology - 78 questions
- Treatment Medical - 357 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 4 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 394 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 49 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 64 questions
- Clinical Education - 17 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 35 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 2 questions
- Drug Information - 37 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 20 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 3 questions
EMS Board Certification Exam Articles (471)
Hydrofluoric acid was discovered in 1771 by Swedish pharmaceutical chemist Carl Wilhelm Scheele when he was investigating the mineral called fluori ...
For prehospital providers, there are several causes for the patient with altered mental status or being unconscious to include the mnemonic AEIOU T ...
The mediastinum is contained within the thoracic cavity and has a high concentration of major vascular and visceral structures. Traumatic injury to ...
Chest pain is a common complaint and encompasses a broad differential diagnosis that includes several life-threatening causes. A workup must focus ...
Family and domestic violence (including child abuse, intimate partner abuse, and elder abuse) is a common problem in the United States. Family and ...
Almost all fictional medical television shows feature a scene where a patient suddenly suffers from a cardiac arrest, and a heroic doctor thum ...
Chest trauma has quickly risen to be the second most common traumatic injury in non-intentional trauma.
Compartment syndrome occurs when the tissue pressure within a given compartment exceeds the perfusion pressure of the arterial supply resulting in ...
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a common and treatable disease characterized by progressive airflow limitation and tissue destructi ...
The World Health Organization defines mass casualty incidents as disasters and major incidents characterized by quantity, severity, and diversity o ...
Carbon monoxide (CO) is released into the environment by the incomplete combustion of carbonaceous materials. The sources of CO are plentiful, and ...
There is no uniformly accepted definition for prosthetic joint infection. The presentation is often varied, and the classical features of infection ...
All disasters, regardless of scope or scale, occur at the local level. Most disasters can be managed at the local level using l ...
C-reactive protein (CRP) was discovered by Tillett and Francis in 1930. The name CRP arose because it was first identified as a substance in the se ...
Cardiac tamponade is a medical or traumatic emergency that happens when enough fluid accumulates in the pericardial sac compressing the heart ...
Michael K Levy MD Associate Professor University of Alaska Eagle River AK
Derrel D Graham MD Professor Vice Chair Louisiana State Un Health Sci Center EM, EMS, FACEP, FAAEM Shreveport LA
John Pi MD Assistant Associate Professor George Washington University FACEP Vienna VA
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required