Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) CAQ® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam.
About the Question Bank
We have 2,647 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,166 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Cardiovascular and Thoracic PA Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Cardiovascular and Thoracic NCCPA® practice exam questions will help you achieve a top score on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic PA Examination. 1,094 authors and 24 editors have contributed to the development of the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam Overview
How many hours is the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam?
The Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam is 2 hours.
How many questions is the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam?
The Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam is 120 questions.
What topics are covered on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam?
Topics include: Advanced level knowledge in Cardiovascular/Thoracic Surgery
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam MCQs (2,647)
Our question bank for the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 27 questions
- Cardiovascular - 2264 questions
- Connective Tissue - 35 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 46 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 120 questions
- Eyes - 10 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 104 questions
- Genetics - 32 questions
- Genitourinary - 15 questions
- Growth and Development - 32 questions
- Gynecologic - 2 questions
- Hematologic - 119 questions
- Infectious - 205 questions
- Integument - 26 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 76 questions
- Nervous - 116 questions
- Nutrition - 14 questions
- Obstetric - 11 questions
- Oncologic - 120 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 15 questions
- Pulmonary - 670 questions
- Renal - 93 questions
- Surgery - 430 questions
- Toxicology - 64 questions
- Trauma - 162 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 16 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 8 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 39 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 10 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 260 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 70 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 750 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 5 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 832 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 1 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 1 questions
- Causes - 1063 questions
- Classification - 211 questions
- Differential - 922 questions
- Epidemiology - 64 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 604 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 430 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 231 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 8 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 642 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 858 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 29 questions
- History Physical - 2584 questions
- Legal - 9 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1085 questions
- Patient Education - 52 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1329 questions
- Toxicology - 39 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1148 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 5 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 21 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 7 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 6 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 549 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 4 questions
- Clinical Education - 11 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 219 questions
- Drug Information - 209 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 66 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 13 questions
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam Articles (1,166)
B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) is a hormone secreted from cardiac ventricular myocytes in response to myocardial stretch and stress. Its release ...
The neck has several important anatomical structures which include the carotid arteries bilaterally. While the injury to the carotid artery is not ...
A stroke or cerebrovascular accident (CVA) is an acute compromise of the cerebral perfusion or vasculature. Approximately 85% of strokes are ischem ...
Cardiomyopathies are a heterogenic group of diseases of the myocardium, which further classify into primary “confined to the heart, “or ...
Lung transplantation is a well-established life-saving treatment to improve the quality of life of patients with end-stage respiratory failure not ...
Atenolol is a second-generation beta-1-selective adrenergic antagonist indicated in the treatment of hypertension, angina pectoris, and acute myoca ...
Hypertrophic osteoarthropathy (HOA), consists of the presence of digital clubbing, increased periosteal activity of the tubular bones, arthralgias, ...
The systolic performance of the heart is determined by 3 factors: preload, afterload, and contractility. The direct relationship between preload an ...
Aortic transection describes the shearing injury to the aortic wall that results typically from blunt traumatic mechanisms. Although uncommon, this ...
The first system to develop due to the growing embryo's ever-increasing metabolic demands is the cardiovascular system. Initially, simple diffusion ...
Sinus arrhythmia is a commonly encountered variation of normal sinus rhythm. Sinus arrhythmia characteristically presents with an irregular rate in ...
Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) is a genetic (autosomal dominant) heart muscle disease caused by a mutation in sarcomere protein genes which enco ...
Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) is a primary disease of the lung parenchyma that is caused by abnormal growth of smooth muscle cells in the lung vas ...
Asthma has historically been challenging to diagnose due to the non-specific nature of symptoms characteristic of the disease. Bronchoprovocation t ...
Primary tracheal neoplasms are very uncommon but are usually malignant in adults and benign in children. They present with symptoms that ...
James J Jones PhD, PA-C Associate Professor Branch Chief University of Nebraska NCCPA, Emergency Medicine and Cardiology San Antonio TX
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required