Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology® and American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam.
About the Question Bank
We have 2,055 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 967 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Obstetrics and Gynecology Board Certification Examination . You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology Specialist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls obstetrics and gynecology prep questions, obstetrics and gynecology review questions, and obstetrics and gynecology test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Obstetrics and Gynecology Board Certification Examination . 972 authors and 29 editors have contributed to the development of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam?
The Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam?
The Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam is 225 questions.
What topics are covered on the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam?
Topics include: Gynecology: Abnormal uterine bleeding, Abortion, Anatomy, Breast disorders, Cervical cytology screening and management/cervical neoplasia, Contraception, Domestic violence/sexual abuse, Ectopic pregnancy, Health screening guidelines, Menopause management, Non-Contraceptive use of contraceptives, OMM/OPP, Operative complications, Osteoporosis, Pelvic pain, Perioperative care, PMS/PMDD, Sexual dysfunction, Sexually transmitted infections, Urinary tract infection, Uterus and adnexal disorders, Vaginal disorders and Vulvar disorders: 30-43%; Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility: Breast disorders, Ectopic pregnancy, Endocrine disorders, Hormone production, Infertility, OMM/OPP, Osteoporosis, and Puberty: 7-11%; Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery: OMM/OPP and Urogynecology: 6-10%; Gynecologic Oncology: Anticancer drugs, chemotherapy and radiation, Disease process, Genomics, OMM/OPP, Operative complications, Staging, Uterus and adnexal disorders: 4-8%; Obstetrics and Maternal Fetal Medicine: Antepartum care, Antenatal fetal assessment, Intrapartum care and puerperium, Medical complications in pregnancy, Obstetrical complications, Obstetrical ultrasound, OMM/OPP, Preconceptual counseling and Psychiatric disorders: 34-38%
Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam MCQs (2,055)
Our question bank for the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 30 questions
- Cardiovascular - 119 questions
- Connective Tissue - 19 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 19 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 197 questions
- Eyes - 13 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 119 questions
- Genetics - 62 questions
- Genitourinary - 224 questions
- Growth and Development - 93 questions
- Gynecologic - 884 questions
- Hematologic - 106 questions
- Infectious - 294 questions
- Integument - 109 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 81 questions
- Nervous - 152 questions
- Nutrition - 27 questions
- Obstetric - 1111 questions
- Oncologic - 284 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 47 questions
- Pulmonary - 49 questions
- Renal - 22 questions
- Surgery - 191 questions
- Toxicology - 48 questions
- Trauma - 54 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 20 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 17 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 99 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 4 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 180 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 37 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 686 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 27 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 824 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 4 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 5 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 5 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 950 questions
- Classification - 177 questions
- Differential - 810 questions
- Epidemiology - 78 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 458 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 507 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 151 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 7 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 279 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 535 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 96 questions
- History Physical - 2022 questions
- Legal - 7 questions
- Pathophysiology - 910 questions
- Patient Education - 177 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1116 questions
- Toxicology - 32 questions
- Treatment Medical - 792 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 11 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 12 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 11 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 5 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 310 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 15 questions
- Clinical Education - 16 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 125 questions
- Drug Information - 109 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 52 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 9 questions
Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam Articles (967)
Acute colonic pseudo-obstruction (ACPO), known as Ogilvie syndrome, is a distinct form of colonic dilatation without evidence of underlying mechani ...
Paget disease is a skeletal growth disorder in which abnormalities such as unusual bone growth can occur in several multifactoral ways. This i ...
Compartment syndrome occurs when pressures increase within a fixed cavity of the body, leading to ischemia, muscle damage, and organ dysfunction. T ...
Blood pressure is a cardinal vital sign that guides both acute and long-term clinical decision-making. Given its importance in directing care, it i ...
Amniotic band syndrome (ABS) comprises various congenital anomalies, which include disruption, deformation, and malformations of organs that were i ...
Estrogen therapy (ET), a form of hormone replacement therapy (HRT), is a useful way of combating the uncomfortable symptoms that often accompany me ...
Breast infections are divided into lactational and non-lactational, or puerperal and nonpuerperal categories. They can be associated with the ...
Breast cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer in women worldwide. In the United States, it is the most common cancer (excluding skin c ...
Techniques that involve manipulation of oocytes outside the body are termed assisted reproductive technology (ART) with in vitro fertilization (IVF ...
The term presentation describes the leading part of the fetus or the anatomical structure closest to the maternal pelvic inlet during labor. T ...
Hypertensive urgency is a marked elevation in blood pressure without evidence of target organ damage, such as pulmonary edema, cardiac ischemi ...
Rhinitis medicamentosa (RM), also known as ‘rebound congestion’ is inflammation of the nasal mucosa caused by the overuse of topical na ...
Historically, James Hope was one of the first physicians to recommend methods to recognize benign and innocent murmurs. In his 1942 textbook, Hope ...
Oral levothyroxine is primarily indicated for the treatment of primary, secondary, and tertiary hypothyroidism.
The lateral femoral cutaneous nerve is a pure sensory nerve vulnerable to compression as it passes from the lumbosacral plexus, towards the inguina ...
Heba Mahdy MBBCH, DOWH, MRCPI M.D. Toronto ON
Frederick U Eruo MD, MPH Associate Professor Associate Program Director Beaumont Hospital Dearborn OBGYN Residency Program FACOG Dearborn MI
Earl M Brewster MBBS, MD Medical director Larkin Hospital FACOG, FAACS, FAAGL Oviedo FL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required